Sunday, April 21, 2013

Not in the plan

OK, right now, get away with all your happy thoughts and inspirational feelings about how lovely it would be to home-educate, if you had the temperament and the patience and the time. I have NEVER wanted to H.E, in fact I wrote an article when my eldest started school about how relieved I was and how lovely the school were. I am both EXTREMELY resentful at God, fate, the government, whomever we want to blame for this situation, and that I want to send my child to school. I'm not actually even strictly speaking a home-schooler. I'm the mum of a child who is enrolled at an excellent school, Go check out their site if you want to see a place that is superb at educating bright children with special/additional needs, which both my elder children are. But my eldest has a sort of vague thing wrong with him, that causes acute pain at times, lots of the time, and makes him unable to walk or even crawl. We live in a house which is perfect for us in every way except that we have steps, in and out. When he is in too much pain to crawl we can't get him down the steps. He can't get to school. This happens...more than I like. So I can leave him on the sofa all day, watching children's TV, or I can try to educate him a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment